Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Lately "Can't Live Without"

Guys,

I have discovered the most AMAZING products of all time and I am so excited to share my latest finds with all of you! So for all you girls, take a seat and read all about these amazing new finds! I wish I would have bought them sooner ;).


Oh Sephora..

I NEVER shop at Sephora...until recently. I am the typical girl that just buys makeup and all of my facial clensers at Walgreens or good ole CVS. Don't get me wrong...Walgreen is the BOMB! Especially with eyeshadows... Don't go buying fancy mineral eyeshadows..They all look the same and you should see the shock on peoples face I see every day when they ask where my eyeshadow is from and I say, " Walgreens yo." Nobody notices. If Walgreens is your thing then go there! They do still have some good stuff. I go there for eyeshadow, mascaras, eyeliner and all of the little things that don't really make a difference ( Unless you want all non-toxic/safe makeup..But thats a post for another day). Today I am talking about my facial clenser, foundation, and some fun products that make life a little less stressful... for us girls at least.

First stop, face wash/ clensers:

 I wash my face every morning and every night. No exceptions. I literally can't fall asleep without taking my makeup off and washing my face... especially with all of the crap I put on my face.

The first thing I think I should talk about is the facial clenser I have been using because honestly, The softer, healthier skin, the less makeup and money you need to spend! People spend so much money on dermatologists and scary pills these days... Im telling you that you DO NOT need those things. ( But also remember im not some crazy doctor) Dermatologist have some amazing advice.. They are excellent! But you don't always have to sign up for lifelong drugs to be happy. There are all types of side effects that we all can live without.

My favorite facial clenser is called Murad. And It's AH-MAZING. Some people may look at my skin and say that I don't need a good clenser but really I do.. Everyone needs one! This clenser totally gets rid of blemishes and prevents further breakout! And im here to tell you that it totally works! Right before I started using this my face was super oily and I have blemishes all over..3 days later I had the softest, healthiest, clear looking skin. I hadn't seen that in a long time. It is a low foaming formula that delivers sustained-released acne medication and improves skin appearance. It is a long acting treatment that stays active even after rinsing and give you a cool and refreshed feeling right after using it! In my opinion, better than any dermatologist pill they can give you. There are all types of lotions, clensers, masks and products in the Murad family that you can buy. But I honestly just get the clenser for now. The first thing that people WILL say is that it is PRICEY. The products range from $15-$30. Yeah that stinks...BUT.. It will save you money in the long run because it is so thick that you only use a tiny bit AND you get a clear face within 3 days.. So whose saving money now? No need to spend hundreds on dermatologists.. Sometimes the pricier products are way worth it because they last AND they work. Why you we think they are more expensive than the cheep walgreens brands? Lastly, this moisturizer can sometimes dry out the skin so once your face is clear take a break from it..I usually use Bare Minerals facial cleanser in the meantime while my face needs a break.. The facial cleanser keeps that beautiful skin from slipping back into a break out and gives your skin lots of moisture. This facial cleanser is $20. You can get it at Maceys, Sephora, Dillars, etc. Check it out! :)





Next, Foundation:

Guys.. Lets be honest.. It's summer.
It's sweaty, humid, and HOT. For the longest time I have been searching and searching for a foundation that doesn't drip off my face, blends, lets me breathe, and overall looks good. And.. that is...Drum roll please...........

Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer.

No it's not foundation.. but after you get your skin looking fresh and clear you do not need to wear that much makeup... And I know I wear a lot of makeup which it's fine if you like to too! But, Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer gives you an all over coverage, hides blemishes and hydrates your skin all day! It even has spf 20.. WHAT. For me, I can't live without it right now. I work in the hot sun ALL day that it is a waist to put makeup on because the sweat just wipes all of it off and makes streaks.. No thanks.  It's seriously amazing. With all of the activities ( especially swimming) during Summer it is the pefect thing to just put on and go. And it totally looks like I am wearing foundation too! I first got it as a cute little sample when I was checking out of Sephora and then I became obsessed..Darn Sephora got me..Their little tricked worked.. But hey im not complaining! It blends so well and just makes me feel clean all day instead of cakes with a bunch of gross makeup by the end of a hot, sweaty day. It is SO healthy for you. Tinted moisturizer is the way to go!


Next up is just a fun product I found that makes life so easy for us girls... It's called Urban Decay. It is a  de-slick oil-control makeup setting spray! And I LOVE IT. Im always that girl that gets ready really early and has 5 hours to do nothing and then before im going somewhere I look back in the mirror and like all of my makeup is gross and didn't even stay.. So then ( As gross as this is) I add tons more eyeshadow, fix smudges, add more foundation, MORE powder and ya it's gross... then I just end up looking like plastic caked barbie. No, thanks. SO this product has saved my life big time. I can't stand sitting around all day and getting ready for things or events right before... This setting spray literally makes it look like brand new makeup up to 24 hours! I just put my makeup on as usualy and spray my face with Urban Deca and no joke I do not have to apply AT ALL...Yeah you heard me..Not once all day! It's amazing! It just makes you look fresh and new all day and I am obsessed with it.


Last



Cheepest is not always the best way...
We are ripping ourselves off when we say things like that. Saving money is not all about how low the price is...It's long term as well... It's such a waist of money if 1. You aren't happy with the alike product as much as the more expensive one, and 2. It doesn't last long. And I know im not an expert but I sure have been way happier with products that were a little bit more than a little bit less! Investigate and read about things before you buy them and even try them out! I was shopping with my sister the other day and we were buying jeans and could not decide on which ones to buy. The first ones were a really nice, soft, flexible, and totally comfy Ralph Lauren brand. The others were cheap Levi Jeans ( Not even sure what the name was) very thin material and not likely to last a whole year. We both knew the Ralph Lauren's looked way better.. but holy cow were they expensive.. Not like I might die after I purchase type of thing but just a little more pricier than average. We though long and hard ( Hah total girls) and we decided to get the Ralph Lauren's. We decided that it was totally worth it..She needed jeans so why not get jeans that will last a whole year? Now she won't have to buy another pair NEXT MONTH because her jeans won't rip or shrink too much because of bad fabric and will be comfy for every situation! Not to mention they look HOT! Im not saying, " Hey go shopping ONLY at Anthro and Free People and spend millions cuz you will SAVE..." No if you go that route you will end up broke ahaha! But when it comes to long term things like nice jeans to wear every week, a really good moisturizer or face wash to keep your face nice, or some good shoes that will last, then you need to consider whats best. Don't go buy a 500 dollar dress for one occasion that you will NEVER wear again unless your child gets married in 20 years.. But buy necessities that you CAN'T live without..You all need to wear pants.. don't go streaking.

Hope my advice is helpful! I swear by these products and brands! Any questions, most of my products are from Sephora so you can just check out go to www.Sephora.com or comment below :).






No comments:

Post a Comment